Shabbat Mincha/Ma'ariv Service times vary, please see the calendar at the top of the page.
Shabbat afternoons are a special time at the HEA. Mincha services start in the late afternoon (see above), followed by seudah sh'lisheet (or shalosh shudas) shared with friends and the community. After some rousing z'mirot and benching of the birkat ha'mazon, the evening is concluded with the Ma'ariv and Havdalah services.
Join us at any of our services to recite Kaddish for a loved one. Contact the office if you plan to attend a Torah service so you can be given an Aliyah in memory of your loved one’s Yahrtzeit.
Schedule of Services:
- Normal Start Time - 7:30 a.m.
- During Rosh Chodesh - 7:15 a.m.
- Sunday - 7:45 a.m. (from September to the end of religious school); 8:00 (from the end of religious school in May until September).
- National Holidays - 8:00 a.m. (unless noted)
- Intermediate Days - 7:15 a.m.
Children's Programs All youth programming is provided each week as an option to our members and our guests. There is no charge and reservations are not required.
Please help us teach all of our children to honor this synagogue and to make appropriate choices while at HEA. For the safety of all children and to maintain our facility as well as the integrity of our programming children should be in supervised programming or attending services with a parent at all times. Unaccompanied children are not permitted in the school hallways or on the playground.
• Free Babysitting from 9:00 am until the conclusion of services, Room 202.
Provided each Shabbat morning for children ages infant to 5 years. Children in pre-kindergarten and kindergarten are brought downstairs to Junior Congregation at 10:30 am.
• The Tot Shabbat Parent-Child Service at approximately 11:30 a.m. in the babysitting room, Room 107. This program is for our preschool-aged children and their parents. It begins immediately following the Rabbi's sermon. This program is on hiatus until September 9, 2017.
• Junior Congregation, every week for grades pre-k – 5th All ages meet at 10:30 am in room 101. The children will be divided into younger and older prayer groups at 11 am. Our Junior Congregation programming familiarizes our students with the Shabbat community and Shabbat prayers. In Junior Congregation students build a community which provides developmentally appropriate opportunities to act as prayer leaders and to create their own commentaries on Torah as they learn the relevance of the lessons of Torah in their daily lives. This program is on hiatus until August 26, 2017.